Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Eclipse/Hotgirl Application
Changes.... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:26 am by Scarface

» Mumble Voice Chat
Changes.... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:45 am by Sheepy

» Picture SubCategory
Changes.... Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:38 am by Sheepy

» AOE 2 HD Game Night
Changes.... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:46 pm by livrpuds

» Trying Game Called Aion
Changes.... Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:56 am by Sheepy

» Draw Winners
Changes.... Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:52 am by Sheepy

» Legion Member Registry
Changes.... Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:26 pm by Sheepy

» CrimsonFlame Legion Information
Changes.... Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:49 pm by Sheepy

» Seasonal Agrint Hunting Guide
Changes.... Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:34 pm by Sheepy

Roster

General
Jim Moriarty
Scarface

Colonel
Sheepy
Isoptox

Major
Legitosity
Livrpuds

Captain
Hunter
Clone
HAWK
Vamfpyre
SpencerYork

Sergeant
Lethe
ErrMagawd
Echo
Gore
Jedi
Delta9
Kitty-Chow

Private
Adestria
Fluffy
idog
Blaze
Eclipse
Gradros
Criss
Bone
Dets of Misery

Changes....

+5
Legitosity
Scarface
livrpuds
Sheepy
Isoptox
9 posters

Go down

Changes.... Empty Changes....

Post by Isoptox Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:06 am

Alright theres gonna be some changes on the website, so while we rearrange things, it might get a little messed up and unorganized. BUT, {Dark} is now expanding! If theres a game you would like to start recruiting members in or think would be fun to expand, talk to me about it and ill get you set up. So how this is gonna work is the ranks we use for SWBF2 will remain throughout whatever game you want if you choose to use ranks. whoever makes the move to the new game will be the leader of the branch (so essentially there will be multiple leaders now). The roster that you guys see on the portal tab is going to be the overall clan roster no matter what game, and each game will have its own forum section now. Example: York is a Lt. in SWBF2, but in the AOE3 side of the clan hes a leader, and can change things around as he pleases in that aspect of the clan. Legit and I will still be the overall leaders of everyone in the clan. SWBF2 roster remains as it is on the portal tab right now.

Currently expanding games as of 1/27/2015:
SWBF2: Leaders are Iso and Legit
AOE3: Leader is York
Planetside 2: Leaders are Clone and Sheepy
Isoptox
Isoptox
Col

Col

https://www.swbf2blizzard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Changes.... Empty Re: Changes....

Post by Sheepy Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:22 pm

I Beleve this idea will crash and burn but ill still support dark so if you need a extra member in a game msg me. What about minecraft server we had, what ever happened to the merge. I'll still be around to play games with you guys just less often. I'm looking for a job to earn some cash so will be busy with work then ill probally be totally inactive come 2016 when i join the Canadian Armed Forces so just a headsup incase you need me you can msg me here because ill be on xfire and steam less often.

Last edited by Sheepy on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sheepy
Sheepy
Col

Col

Back to top Go down

Post by Isoptox Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:29 pm

Im not sure what happened with minecraft, I havent talked to legit about it yet.
Isoptox
Isoptox
Col

Col

Back to top Go down

Post by livrpuds Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:08 pm

I think that this is a good idea. Games like Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike, and Tribes Ascend would be great to expand in to. I would be willing to lead a Warframe branch if people would be willing to get it (it's free).
As far as bf2 goes I plan on playing more of that and less of Skyrim, so.... yeah.
livrpuds
livrpuds
Maj

Maj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarface Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:44 pm

Establish position then expand the site.
Scarface
Scarface
Site Owner

Site Owner

https://swbf2blizzard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitosity Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:52 pm

I think branching out is a great idea honestly, first off because SWBFII is dead/dying. We're close as a clan (at least the active members are) but we do need to keep up recruitment or we will die out. I don't plan on going anywhere, but it's hardly a clan if there's three members. I know branching out hasn't really been successful, but it's not like we're trying to force our clan on an already established community. If anything, it's one of us playing another game we enjoy under the {Dark} clan tag. If you're social, and want to make friends you will develop connections in that game, and may decide to "team" up with them. Then you can invite them into our wonderful community. I'll use the established plan of Yorkie heading up AoE3 as an example. He really likes to play that game, (and I don't blame him, it's a great game) but why branching out has failed in the past is we're trying to almost force each other to play these great games with us! Not everyone has time to play lots of games. What Yorkie (will probably do) is keep playing AoE3 and make new friends in the game, they'll start playing together and York can take them under his wing and invite them into {Dark}. They will have their own section of the forum, and we'll get to meet new people! Our community will grow, and we can keep it going from there.

Isoptox and I will be the Grand Master's of {Dark} but if you play another game and want to seriously create a faction there. You can talk to Iso or I and we can establish it on the website, and officially name you leader of that game within Dark.

EDIT: Looking back, I also want to say that while we do want to expand and recruit new members, we're not trying to force these changes like next week. We don't want to rush into this and then have it fall apart. It'll be a slow process that will happen over the next few months and is totally dependent on the individuals of this clan and if they want to bring {Dark} into new games. & If it doesn't happen, we will wait patiently for the new SWBF game and create a third generation of {Dark}!

To address the Minecraft server which I was heading up, I created it as a small server for us to play on and my IRL friends over winter break. It was really fun, and I love playing Minecraft! My friend Justin however, came to me asking if I could help startup his server. He wants to make it a really big thing, like huge public server. It's required a lot of setup, to make sure we have a smooth start as he's adding tons of more plugins than I did. & I honestly haven't had time to work on it or talk to him recently so I don't know how it's going. I will talk to him this week and update everyone on how it's going. (Specifically Sheepy because I know you want this)

On a personal level, I love {Dark} and everyone in it. You're the reason I've stuck around, and continue to come back. I would love to help everyone, and play all of the games we like but I just don't have the time to do so. I play Star Wars Battlefront II, League of Legends, and occasionally Counter Strike Global Assault/Minecraft. I play League with my college roommates and SWBF2 with you all. I'm also looking for a job this semester and taking 15 credit hours -- so I don't want to get heavily involved in another game... I'm sorry PlanetSide2 Sad I will play every so often, but it's not something I want to put more time into.

I hope this kind of clears up the "branching" out topic, and if it doesn't Iso and I are always willing to talk, and are usually online. & I don't mind giving my number out if you really want Wink I also do snapchat, haha.

TL;DR

Branching out isn't about forcing each other to play different games, it's about playing them yourself and establishing the {Dark} community there and being your lovable selves that make people want to join us!

I'm still working on the Minecraft server!

I also would love to play all of these different games but I sadly don't have time.

and lastly Iso and I are always willing to talk to you <3

{Dark}Forever
Legitosity
Legitosity
Maj

Maj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheepy Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Take Your time with Minecraft i don't care that much just wondering since its been a week and you can get alot of stuff done in 7 days of playing opposed to waiting for server to be finished for 7 days.
Sheepy
Sheepy
Col

Col

Back to top Go down

Post by Isoptox Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:15 pm

See Legit this is why I have you helping me lead haha. You're so much better at explaining shit than I am. So basically what i would LIKE to do is change the setup a bit is all. The clan AS A WHOLE would not have any ranks other than me and Legit as leaders. On the portal page and profiles we would get rid of ranks and crap, just have a list of me and legit as leaders, and ten a list of all of our members, regardless of the game.

As for the forums, what i propose is to move our current "Roster" over to a new forum strictly for SWBF2. From there, ranks would remain as they are and we can keep everything related to SWBF2 in there. There will then be different forums for each game, and whoever is in charge of that branch can use the forums for whatever they need. (ranks etc)...

So for example, york is working on playing/expanding on AOE3, so we could add in a new section in the forums labelled "AOE 3 Division" or something, and in those forums and on the game, York is the leader of that section and in charge of everything.

Also, like Legit said, feel free to talk to me about any concerns or questions you may have, and if I am not online enough to talk to me, send me a message and i can get you my cell number or email or something for a more direct line of contact.
Isoptox
Isoptox
Col

Col

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitosity Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:03 am

Isoptox wrote:Also, like Legit said, feel free to talk to me about any concerns or questions you may have, and if I am not online enough to talk to me, send me a message and i can get you my cell number or email or something for a more direct line of contact.

Basically, Iso and I are lonely college students and we love all of you & want to talk to you 24/7. just kidding not all the time, but honestly whenever I'm not in class it's all good Wink

but nothing about this expansion will affect you if you don't want it to. We will still be SWBF2 players at heart <3

We will also slowly begin formatting the website hopefully to make it a little more beautiful/user friendly. But slow changes, because nobody got time for that.
Legitosity
Legitosity
Maj

Maj

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSpencerYork Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:55 am

Can someone make my name rainbow coloured because I want to beautiful too <2
CaptainSpencerYork
CaptainSpencerYork
Cpt

Cpt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Moriarty Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:13 pm

I honestly do not think that this new plan will be too successful when it comes to recruiting new members from other games, but I think that it is a wonderful idea to get current clan members into playing other games together.
Jim Moriarty
Jim Moriarty
Gen

Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitosity Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:42 pm

Jim Moriarty wrote:I honestly do not think that this new plan will be too successful when it comes to recruiting new members from other games, but I think that it is a wonderful idea to get current clan members into playing other games together.

It is a wonderful idea to get current clan members into playing other games, but it's not really happening.. like we tried to get Minecraft and Planetside 2

but nobody really went for it, because we all play our own games & dont wanna buy a new game just for the clan. Which is understandable, and even free games like PS2, people don't want to sink more time into other games.

It's not like we're trying to be "really successful" as a clan, because in my opinion we ARE successful. {Dark} has been around forever, and we are keeping it alive.

This is more about meeting new people in other games we play, and introducing them into our community.
Legitosity
Legitosity
Maj

Maj

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Moriarty Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:42 pm

CaptainSpencerYork wrote:Can someone make my name rainbow coloured because I want to beautiful too <2

Can someone get working on that right away please?
Jim Moriarty
Jim Moriarty
Gen

Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by {DARK}Hunter Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:49 am

Battlefield 4?? It'd be nice to get the clan's name out there before Battlefront is released late this year.
Does anyone have it? Or am I the only loser that paid for it for PC and Xbox One?
I could get a pretty decent number of people in the clan on Xbox One, and....well...honestly....it sucks ass on PC. Fair warning.
{DARK}Hunter
{DARK}Hunter
Cpt

Cpt

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitosity Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:47 am

I only have BF3 Sad
Legitosity
Legitosity
Maj

Maj

Back to top Go down

Post by Clone Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:07 pm

We don't have enough players that play the same games actively, and for most of us, swbf2 is our main game. we could actively recruit in any game any of us play, but to have any success someone or a smaller group would have to dedicate most or all there gaming time, plus more probably, to have a hope of taking off, which you may not want to do since without finding a new group, it could get quite boring. f2ps are the best possibility for branches atm since it takes no financial investment, which most of us are restricted with and usually has a large team based component to it, where most clans come in. I think our 'branching out' would just include several current members playing the same game on a planned event to semi active basis. Until we a larger player basis, or if we ever do, branching actively into other games isn't really a possibility. trust me, I've tried doing a couple branches myself, just doesn't work without a large amount of clan support, which takes time, which most of us are limited on.
Clone
Clone
Cpt

Cpt

Back to top Go down

Post by {DARK}Hunter Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:55 pm

I have that too, but never played it on pc.
{DARK}Hunter
{DARK}Hunter
Cpt

Cpt

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSpencerYork Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:55 pm

I have Battlefield 2 lol I'm behind all you guys..
As for aoe3, I do believe I can make it work. I'm not one for giving up quickly, and I have been in the community for quite awhile. Before swbf2, this was my main game. I'm not used to failure in expanding, nor am I going into this thinking "Great, this is probably gunna fail". In all honesty, I do believe I can do it. I'm fairly active in it as well. More than swbf2, as I only get on if there's someone else actually on. These things take time, which I have quite a bit of. Besides that, I've built clans up in aoe3, some of them still are up and operational today. Recruiting and expanding is what I do.
CaptainSpencerYork
CaptainSpencerYork
Cpt

Cpt

Back to top Go down

Post by {DARK}Hunter Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:52 pm

Yeah, I got that during the "On The House" event via Origin. Haven't touched it. Haha.
{DARK}Hunter
{DARK}Hunter
Cpt

Cpt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum