Latest topics
» Mumble Voice Chat
Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:45 am by Sheepy

» Picture SubCategory
Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:38 am by Sheepy

» AOE 2 HD Game Night
Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:46 pm by livrpuds

» Trying Game Called Aion
Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:56 am by Sheepy

» Draw Winners
Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:52 am by Sheepy

» Legion Member Registry
Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:26 pm by Sheepy

» CrimsonFlame Legion Information
Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:49 pm by Sheepy

» Seasonal Agrint Hunting Guide
Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:34 pm by Sheepy

» Star Wars Battlefront III
Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:07 pm by livrpuds

Roster

General
Jim Moriarty

Colonel
Scarface
Sheepy

Major
Isoptox
HAWK

Captain
Hunter
Clone
Legitosity
Vamfpyre
SpencerYork
Livrpuds

Sergeant
Kitty-Chow
ErrMagawd
Gore
Jedi
Delta9

Private
Bone
Zant
Adestria
Gradros
Criss
Dets of Misery
Echo



Favorite Music!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Music!

Post by Legitosity on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:18 am

What's happening my fellow {Dark} playas?!

Just wondering what kind of music you listen to Smile I listen pretty much 24/7 and am always looking for new/interesting stuff!

My favorite artist right now is The Black Keys!



Last edited by Legitosity on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Legitosity
Cpt

Cpt

Posts : 185
Join date : 2014-10-30
Age : 22
Location : Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by HAWK on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:54 am

"Don't laugh" but im pretty old school when it comes to music, although my taste does vary to some modern too, i do prefer music from the 1940s - 1950s and some 1960s but do like some artists and songs from other eras too, oh and i really like music from some of the games.

heres what i like.

Connie Francis
Alma Cogan
Andy Williams
Anita ODay
Bas Sheva
Benny Goodman
Bill Haley And His Comets
Billie Holiday
Billy Fury
Bobby Darin
Brenda Lee
Buddy Holly
Chuck Berry
Dean Martin
Del Shannon
Don Gibson
Doris Day
Ella Fitzgerald
Elvis Presley
Etta James
Frank Sinatra
Patti Page
..................... ETC, best thing about this kinda of old music is the words and storys within the songs, artists today have kinda lost this innocents for me.



other music i like is ATB, Armin Van Burren, BeeGees, Carpenters, Disco, well anything really with a good beat and anthem, i like music i can Hoover and clean the house too and bop while i do it bounce bounce bounce cheers






avatar
HAWK
Maj

Maj

Posts : 366
Join date : 2014-12-27
Location : Death Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by Scarface on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:00 am

I listen to movie soundtracks mostly haha.


10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated power of will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% reason to remember the name.
-Dark-Scar | {VA}Scarface | Bella
Master of all 4 Elements, little anime girl
avatar
Scarface
Site Owner

Site Owner

Posts : 289
Join date : 2014-07-11
Age : 21
Location : Under the sea!

View user profile http://swbf2blizzard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by HAWK on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:48 am

Scarface wrote:I listen to movie soundtracks mostly haha.

Example ? ... Im a bit partial to the Matrix soundtrack and the Star Wars Trilogy.
avatar
HAWK
Maj

Maj

Posts : 366
Join date : 2014-12-27
Location : Death Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by Scarface on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:24 pm

HAWK wrote:
Scarface wrote:I listen to movie soundtracks mostly haha.

Example ? ... Im a bit partial to the Matrix soundtrack and the Star Wars Trilogy.
Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Narinia, etc.


10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated power of will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% reason to remember the name.
-Dark-Scar | {VA}Scarface | Bella
Master of all 4 Elements, little anime girl
avatar
Scarface
Site Owner

Site Owner

Posts : 289
Join date : 2014-07-11
Age : 21
Location : Under the sea!

View user profile http://swbf2blizzard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by ErMaGawd on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:26 pm

Linkin Park

Blink182

Green Day(Old)

Bad Religion

H.I.M

Slayer

Megadeth

Iron Maiden


I mostly like Rock and Punk and some Metal I love you
avatar
ErMaGawd
Sgt

Sgt

Posts : 21
Join date : 2014-10-30
Location : afk land

View user profile http://waffles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by livrpuds on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:42 pm

I am a huge fan of Daft Punk, not so much RAM, and I also listen to Green Velvet.
Recently I have gotten into jazzy chiptune like PROTODOME and Maxo. Pretty groovy
avatar
livrpuds
Cpt

Cpt

Posts : 219
Join date : 2014-10-21
Location : Los Santos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by livrpuds on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:17 pm

livrpuds wrote:I am a huge fan of Daft Punk, not so much RAM, and I also listen to Green Velvet.
Recently I have gotten into jazzy chiptune like PROTODOME and Maxo. Pretty groovy

https://maxoisnuts.bandcamp.com/album/fakebit-2010
http://protodome.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/green-velvet-1
avatar
livrpuds
Cpt

Cpt

Posts : 219
Join date : 2014-10-21
Location : Los Santos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by Isoptox on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:52 pm

I listen to bass lol, music that most people don't usually like. I'm more into beats than I am lyrics. Trap, Dubstep and Rock are my kinds of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYweg6GbNGs <-- one of my favorite trap songs right now


{Dark}Forever
avatar
Isoptox
Maj

Maj

Posts : 144
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 22
Location : USA

View user profile https://www.swbf2blizzard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by Jim Moriarty on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:02 pm

HAWK wrote:"Don't laugh" but im pretty old school when it comes to music, although my taste does vary to some modern too, i do prefer music from the 1940s - 1950s and some 1960s but do like some artists and songs from other eras too, oh and i really like music from some of the games.

heres what i like.

Connie Francis
Alma Cogan
Andy Williams
Anita ODay
Bas Sheva
Benny Goodman
Bill Haley And His Comets
Billie Holiday
Billy Fury
Bobby Darin
Brenda Lee
Buddy Holly
Chuck Berry
Dean Martin
Del Shannon
Don Gibson
Doris Day
Ella Fitzgerald
Elvis Presley
Etta James
Frank Sinatra
Patti Page
..................... ETC, best thing about this kinda of old music is the words and storys within the songs, artists today have kinda lost this innocents for me.



other music i like is ATB, Armin Van Burren, BeeGees, Carpenters, Disco, well anything really with a good beat and anthem, i like music i can Hoover and clean the house too and bop while i do it  bounce  bounce  bounce  cheers








Very Happy I love this song (the 1950's one)! I wanted to find it on Spotify, but I did not know the name. Great tastes HAWK Smile
avatar
Jim Moriarty
Gen

Gen

Posts : 461
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 19
Location : La Mancha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by HAWK on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Its by Pattie Page Jim and its called "Tennessee Waltz" ... I love Patties songs has they really uplift you .... there another i like by Pattie Page and its called "With My Eyes Wide Open Im Dreaming" I love you I love you I love you

Thanks Jim .. Not everyone's taste and it wasn't mine once but has i got older i appreciate them because i listen to the words and the meaning behind the songs. Smile
avatar
HAWK
Maj

Maj

Posts : 366
Join date : 2014-12-27
Location : Death Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by Jim Moriarty on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:13 pm

Hmmmmm... What music do I like? I really am all over the place when it comes to what I like. I guess that I am like HAWK in the way that I just look for aspects of a song, and not really its genre.

Ok, here is a list of artists that I have on Spotify.

o America
o Blind Melon
o Broken Bells
o Coldplay
o CSN
o The Eagles
o ELO
o Florence and the Machine
o Howard Shore (I think that I speak for all of us here)
o Janusz Olejniczak
o Mumford and Sons
o Of Monsters and Men
o Simon and Garfunkel
o Steam Powered Giraffe (Thanks Yorkie)
avatar
Jim Moriarty
Gen

Gen

Posts : 461
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 19
Location : La Mancha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by HAWK on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:35 am

Jim Moriarty wrote:Hmmmmm...  What music do I like?  I really am all over the place when it comes to what I like.  I guess that I am like HAWK in the way that I just look for aspects of a song, and not really its genre.  

Ok, here is a list of artists that I have on Spotify.

o  America
o  Blind Melon
o  Broken Bells
o  Coldplay
o  CSN
o  The Eagles
o  ELO
o  Florence and the Machine
o  Howard Shore (I think that I speak for all of us here)
o  Janusz Olejniczak
o  Mumford and Sons
o  Of Monsters and Men
o  Simon and Garfunkel
o  Steam Powered Giraffe (Thanks Yorkie)
 

Nice selection there Jim, i kinda like a few songs of coldplays and ELO and especially Simon and Garfunkel <<<< they make me feel so relaxed i fall a sleep Sleep and the eagles are good too, not sure who the rest are though. bounce
avatar
HAWK
Maj

Maj

Posts : 366
Join date : 2014-12-27
Location : Death Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by Legitosity on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Jim Moriarty wrote:

o  Blind Melon
o  ELO
o  Florence and the Machine
o  Mumford and Sons
o  Of Monsters and Men

 

I love Blind Melon! "No Rain" Is literally one of my favorite songs. ELO is also really good though I can't name any songs off the top of my head, they're a band my dad introduced to me. Florence and the Machine is beautiful! My show choir sang "Shake it out" junior year. Loved it. Mumford and Sons has always been great although they're kind of depressing lol and Monsters and Men has played on the radio the past year-ish. They're not bad but not the greatest.

HAWK wrote:
Ella Fitzgerald
Frank Sinatra

HAWK I love Ella Fitzgerald, Jazz music is my SOUL music. It's literally the best kind of music out there. I love listening and playing it Smile Frank Sinatra is also wonderful.

ErMaGawd wrote:
Linkin Park

I really like LP's old stuff, they're new music is just okay..

===================================================


More about my favorite music though Wink I'll list my favorite bands that I have on spotify, in no particular order.. except by genre! I know the list is extensive, I'll put a "*" by my absolute favorites!

Rock
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*The Black Keys
The Raconteurs
Young the Giant
The Police
Imagine Dragons
Passion Pit
*The Strokes
Thirty Seconds to Mars
Three Days Grace
Rise Against
Jack White
*Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Blue Oyster Cult
*Arctic Monkeys
Blind Melon
WolfMother
One Republic
Guster
Cage the Elephant
Led Zeppelin
Queen
The Who
*Incubus
Foo Fighters
Kansas
Boston

Rap
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Mac Miller
Kendrick Lamar
Lil Wayne
The Notorious BIG
Kid Cudi
Big Sean
JAY Z
Kanye West
Fort Minor
Eminem
Frank Ocean
*Childish Gambino

Jazz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miles Davis
*Count Basie
Art Blakey
Pat Metheny Group
Stan Kenton
Thad Jones


Pop
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ariana Grande
TAYLOR SWIFT
Ed Sheeran
*Maroon 5
avatar
Legitosity
Cpt

Cpt

Posts : 185
Join date : 2014-10-30
Age : 22
Location : Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by HAWK on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Now thats a pretty good list of artists there legit, i know some of them at least and its great to see you also dabble in the classic artists too ... have you had a listen to Brenda Lee has she also does that kind of swinging music to like Ella.

anyway this is for you Cool

avatar
HAWK
Maj

Maj

Posts : 366
Join date : 2014-12-27
Location : Death Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by CaptainSpencerYork on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:01 pm

Well, since I no idea what I listen to, here are a few things I like
AFI
Linkin Park
Fall Out Boy
Blink182
Lindsey Stirling
The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
Avenged Sevenfold
ACDC
Lindsey Stirling
Elmer Bernstein
A crap load of others that I can't think of at the moment
You're welcome Jim.



*insert way too big image or GIF*
Something clever was meant to be said,
But whatever it was, is gone from my head.
So if you want to try and remind me,
I'll probably say "Nah, that's not it. Well, possibly.."
avatar
CaptainSpencerYork
Cpt

Cpt

Posts : 150
Join date : 2014-10-20
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by Scarface on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:22 pm

So yea I made a little list of some of the songs I love to listen to. Don't laugh at me! :s

-Hey Soul Sister (like the only knew song)
-Dancing in the moonlight
-Stayin' Alive
-Don't go Breaking my heart
-Hotel California
-Turn! Turn! Turn! (to everything there is a season)
-Mrs. Robinson
-Ain't no Sunshine
-Lean on me
-California Dreamin
-When A man loves a women
-Build me up buttercup
-Sugar Sugar

and so on, you get the type I like tho : )

yea these are songs, I just assume most of you don't know. Hawk probably would though! so yea ^.^


10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated power of will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% reason to remember the name.
-Dark-Scar | {VA}Scarface | Bella
Master of all 4 Elements, little anime girl
avatar
Scarface
Site Owner

Site Owner

Posts : 289
Join date : 2014-07-11
Age : 21
Location : Under the sea!

View user profile http://swbf2blizzard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by Jim Moriarty on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:25 am

Scarface wrote:So yea I made a little list of some of the songs I love to listen to. Don't laugh at me! :s

-Hey Soul Sister (like the only knew song)
-Dancing in the moonlight
-Stayin' Alive
-Don't go Breaking my heart
-Hotel California
-Turn! Turn! Turn! (to everything there is a season)
-Mrs. Robinson
-Ain't no Sunshine
-Lean on me
-California Dreamin
-When A man loves a women
-Build me up buttercup
-Sugar Sugar

and so on, you get the type I like tho : )

yea these are songs, I just assume most of you don't know. Hawk probably would though! so yea ^.^


I know about half of these songs, and I like your taste. Smile
avatar
Jim Moriarty
Gen

Gen

Posts : 461
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 19
Location : La Mancha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by HAWK on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:53 am

Scarface wrote:So yea I made a little list of some of the songs I love to listen to. Don't laugh at me! :s

-Hey Soul Sister (like the only knew song)
-Dancing in the moonlight
-Stayin' Alive
-Don't go Breaking my heart
-Hotel California
-Turn! Turn! Turn! (to everything there is a season)
-Mrs. Robinson
-Ain't no Sunshine
-Lean on me
-California Dreamin
-When A man loves a women
-Build me up buttercup
-Sugar Sugar

and so on, you get the type I like tho : )

yea these are songs, I just assume most of you don't know. Hawk probably would though! so yea ^.^

Yep i know all those songs, Scar you have really good taste in music and clearly appreciate them, its actually nice to see younger folks loving this old school music instead of head banging stuff ... you know that kind of music will eventually cause brain rot Twisted Evil Surprised Razz
avatar
HAWK
Maj

Maj

Posts : 366
Join date : 2014-12-27
Location : Death Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by Jim Moriarty on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:14 pm

Oh, I have some new songs Smile

o Sedona, Houndmouth
o Lampshades on Fire, modest Mouse
o The Eagle and The Hawk, John Denver
o Fire Fire, Steam Powered Giraffe
o Suspender Man, Steam Powered Giraffe
o Kodachrome, Paul Simon

Yeah, I think that these are some rather nice songs. What do you guys think?
avatar
Jim Moriarty
Gen

Gen

Posts : 461
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 19
Location : La Mancha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by livrpuds on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:43 pm

Jim Moriarty wrote:Oh, I have some new songs

Add this to your list of new songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImcvtJzIK8

Enjoy............................
avatar
livrpuds
Cpt

Cpt

Posts : 219
Join date : 2014-10-21
Location : Los Santos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by Jim Moriarty on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:31 pm

livrpuds wrote:
Jim Moriarty wrote:Oh, I have some new songs

Add this to your list of new songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImcvtJzIK8

Enjoy............................

Nice lol
avatar
Jim Moriarty
Gen

Gen

Posts : 461
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 19
Location : La Mancha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by HAWK on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:17 pm

Jim Moriarty wrote:Oh, I have some new songs Smile

o Sedona, Houndmouth
o Lampshades on Fire, modest Mouse
o The Eagle and The Hawk, John Denver
o Fire Fire, Steam Powered Giraffe
o Suspender Man, Steam Powered Giraffe  
o Kodachrome, Paul Simon

Yeah, I think that these are some rather nice songs.  What do you guys think?

Iv no idea who they are like but ill give them a whirl and let you know Surprised bounce
avatar
HAWK
Maj

Maj

Posts : 366
Join date : 2014-12-27
Location : Death Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by Jim Moriarty on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:33 pm

Oh, and also...

o Reminisce, John Mark Nelson. Smile
avatar
Jim Moriarty
Gen

Gen

Posts : 461
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 19
Location : La Mancha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by livrpuds on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:42 pm

Man I've been listening to some of this. Highly recommend tuning in.
Arrow http://protodome.bandcamp.com/album/bluenoise
avatar
livrpuds
Cpt

Cpt

Posts : 219
Join date : 2014-10-21
Location : Los Santos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Music!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum